Regulations

View Only
  • 1.  What is the common required documents and informations do you ask for a supplier?

Posted 06-15-2023 03:18 PM

Hello,

Currently I am in U.S to a immersion in the English Language and in the last years I've been working with TPRM processes. In Brazil it's very common to ask a lot of documentations and informations (before and during a contract) to suppliers and I'd like to know how similar these processes are. So if someone could exchange experiences with me about American regulations and the commonly asked documentations would be really helpful!

Thank you all!

• 2.  RE: What is the common required documents and informations do you ask for a supplier?

Posted 06-28-2023 08:15 AM

Hi!

There are checklists of documentation that is commonly sought from third-parties, but remember: collecting due diligence documentation is only half of the equation. The pivotal part of due diligence is based on a qualitative review of the documentation submitted.  SMEs aka subject matter experts who are familiar with the documentation should review the materials to ensure what has been submitted serves as proper evidence (the documentation provided is on point and valid for the timeframe/scope in issue).

Foundational elements:

Financials

Insurance

Diagrams

Licenses or Professional Certifications

Education

Examinations and Reports

Policies and Procedures.

These are the high-level types of documentation that is commonly requested. This checklist is also helpful.

I am interested to see what others are doing!

• 3.  RE: What is the common required documents and informations do you ask for a supplier?

Posted 06-28-2023 02:29 PM

Hello Jill,

Thank you so much for your answer. Yesterday I attended to the Webinar: Creating an Effective Vendor Document Collection Process, and it helped me a lot to understand a bit more about your point of view.

In brazilian process we have to collect and analyze some required documentation based on the product or service. For example, for construction and engineering suppliers they have to be register on CREA (the entity responsible to create regulations for the business in these fields).Do you have some material about this specifics regulations?

• 4.  RE: What is the common required documents and informations do you ask for a supplier?

Posted 06-29-2023 10:33 AM

This is a great checklist. However I would caution you as was done in this post. If you don't have the time or expertise to review the document(s) being requested, you are putting your organization at greater risk. Why? A document may reveal an issue with the third party, but if no one reviews it when received, then  you will be able to act. So it is better to not have the document in your possession at all. We only collect documents from our critical ranked vendors because that is all we have a bandwidth in our organization to review annually. 

------------------------------
    Mark Ewert, CPCU, CIC
    Director Vendor Management
    Penn National Insurance
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: What is the common required documents and informations do you ask for a supplier?

Posted 06-29-2023 03:33 PM

Hello Mark,

I totally agree with your point of view. But what you do about the non-critical vendors? I'm asking you because in Brazil is really important to verify all the third party related to the company because of the corruption, scandals and another bad things that the country have been suffering. I'm sure that in USA the situation is completely different from there but can you explain me your opinion about it? 

Ps: I just send you a invite on the LinkedIn to keep in contact and learn more with you.