Policy, Program and Procedures

View Only
  • 1.  Vendor Record Names

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 06-09-2023 03:43 PM

What is you approach with vendor names stored in your TPRM records? Sometimes, vendors come in as the service/product name, a shortened version of the name, abbreviation of the company, etc, so it becomes inconsistent.

I'm trying to implement consistency so that the vendor name is truly the vendor name based on what is provided in a business registration or W9 and note in the description what they provide, specifically there are products names, etc. 

I didn't know if this mattered to your program or if I'm just spending way too much time matching apples to apples and being consistent with record keeping. Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Vendor Record Names

Posted 06-09-2023 03:55 PM

I have additional fielda that are searchable with any DBAs (one field) or AKA/aliases (just a searchable text field). If people refer to it by application, etc. I can at least find it in the system. 

------------------------------
    CS
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Vendor Record Names

Posted 06-12-2023 08:51 AM

I use things like AKA (also known as) or FKA (formerly known as) in the vendor's name. For example, Fidelity Information Services (AKA FIS) and Vericast (FKA Harland-Clarke).

• 4.  RE: Vendor Record Names

Posted 06-12-2023 08:54 AM

We use the name in the contract, which is sometimes also the name of the product.  As Christine commented, we also keep track of the DBAs, FKAs, AKAs to give ourselves options for finding the vendor in our system.  

• 5.  RE: Vendor Record Names

Posted 06-12-2023 02:47 PM

The vendor name I enter into my system is consistent with the contracted entity as per the agreement.  I also use custom fields for such things as Parent company, FKA, DBA etc.  It is hard with acronyms, so I try to include both in my vendor name field if necessary.