Exams or Audits

View Only
  • 1.  Organizing/Cleaning up documents

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 07-25-2023 04:49 PM
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

Hello everyone,

In my effort to cleaning up our current vendor document library, I was wondering if it was okay to clean up and provide a naming structure to our vendor files in our system or would that be an issue for examiners/auditors? 

For example, if a collection of vendor COI's are named differently in our system (Acme COI 01/01/20, Acme Certificate of Insurance 01/01/21, etc), I just want them to look uniformed, so it doesn't look scattered. Is this okay? I've heard that isn't a problem but I've also heard that might be a cause for concern from an examiner's or auditor's point of view. I'm looking for further perspective on this.

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Organizing/Cleaning up documents

Posted 07-26-2023 08:21 AM

We use our own naming convention for the documents we collect. For our documents on Venminder Document Collections if the name is different then what we use then I go in and re-download and save as the name we use and upload to the documents tab that way.

Then when we run our reports looking for our docs it knows what we have and don't have on file by our naming convention.

Greg Schilder

Vendor Manager

ONE AMERICAN BANK 

IMPORTANT CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email from ONE AMERICAN BANK and any attachments are confidential and may be subject to legal privilege and/or protected by copyright law. Copying and/or communicating any part of either this message or any attachments in full or in part to others is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient of this message and/or any attachments contained within, you may not read, use, copy, distribute or rely on this email and any attachments. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender via email. Unless stated to the contrary, any opinions expressed in this message are personal and may not be attributed to ONE AMERICAN BANK.