Contract Management

View Only
  • 1.  Offboarding Process

Posted 07-22-2022 02:30 PM
    Good afternoon! I work for a PEO and we are in the process of developing a vendor offboarding workflow. I am wondering if anyone has questions they normally ask in assessments for that offboarding process?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Offboarding Process

Posted 07-30-2022 09:58 AM

An excellent way to think about your offboarding is to think about onboarding in reverse. Everything you did to get the vendor up and running must be considered.

• Is your organization and vendor clear on their roles, responsibilities, and timing?
    • Think about vendor product/service/process dependencies both upstream and downstream. Have you informed the stakeholders and ensured a suitable replacement or alternative plan?
    • Think about systems and facilities where you had to provide access for the vendor. You'll need to revoke the access, have ID badges returned, etc.
    • Did you provide the vendor with any tangible assets or intellectual property that must be returned?
    • Does the vendor have possession of any data to be returned or destroyed? How will you verify the destruction of data?
    • Did you review the contract to make sure the termination is legal? Did you provide proper notification in the correct format? Are there any early termination fees or penalties?
    • Have you confirmed any record-keeping requirements with the vendor?

Those are a few suggestions to help you form your questions. I would love to hear what other members might add.