Contract Management

View Only
  • 1.  Contract Management Training

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 12-20-2022 11:30 AM

Hello Everybody,

I am looking for an effective, comprehensive contract management training for a beginner like me in vendor management. I know there are several certifications available like CCMA, and CCM practitioner, but are they helpful? If not, does anybody know better training for contract management? I really don't care for certification itself, but more for training.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• 2.  RE: Contract Management Training

Posted 12-20-2022 05:27 PM
    I have taken my VM related training courses at Compliance Education Institute, LLC. The trainer, Mick Kless is amazing. He also remains available for VM related questions as they come up. I just started the level lll certification for CRVPM, but he also offers other training courses. I just sent him a copy of your request to see what he has for contracts and here is his response and information. If you'd like to chat further, email me  or call me at [Contact information removed by Community Manager for privacy reasons. To contact the member to request contact information, send them a direct message in the community] I'm off after 10 tomorrow until January 3rd, though. 

Cheryl, Thanks for the note. I think we have exactly what that person is looking for. It's a course named Contract Issues and Risks. It defines what a contract is, differentiates between a contract and statement of work, covers the components of a contract as well as the terms and conditions that need to be included. It also reviews the risks institutions run into by omitting various clauses and the terms/conditions that are often overlooked. Price is $479.00. Here's the description:

Introduction

As the outsourcing of critical functions and services continues to increase, as technology becomes more complex and as vendor interdependencies continue to expand to 4th and 5th parties, additional emphasis needs to be placed on the importance of the contract to protect the institution as well as the vendor. However, we often find that there are many terms and conditions omitted from contracts that expose a financial institution to multiple dimensions of risk.

This course first defines the purpose of the contract, defines what a contract is, compares/contrasts a contract and statement of work, reviews the regulatory recommendations from all FFIEC agencies concerning contractual terms and conditions and then continues on to detail the issues and exposures that can result when the contractual bases aren't thoroughly covered. Terms and conditions that are often overlooked, yet expose the institution to risk and liability, and that should be included in contracts to better manage risk and protect the institution will be reviewed including:

• Financial Risk
    • Compliance Risk
    • Technology Risk
    • Business Resilience
    • Cyber Security

If you think that a Statement of Work is as good as a contract then you must take this course!

If you think that your vendor will take responsibility for its vendor relationships on its own (your 4th and 5th parties) then you must take this course!

If you haven't thought about the data format, data integrity and fees for getting your data back from your vendor at end of contract term them you must take this course!

If you haven't thought about requiring your vendor to comply with current and future regulatory requirements then you must take this course!

Here is his information:

Mick Kless, CRVPM V, C-VMPRA

www.Compliance-Edu.com

a step ahead through higher learning

------------------------------
    Cheryl Turner, CRVPM ll
    Vendor Manager
    Farmers Insurance Federal Credit Union
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Contract Management Training

Posted 12-21-2022 11:13 AM

Thanks Cheryl.
    I will check this course out and probably sign-up.

• 4.  RE: Contract Management Training

Posted 12-21-2022 12:21 PM
    Awesome. If you take it, let me know how you like it. :-)

Happy Holidays!

Cheryl

• 5.  RE: Contract Management Training

Posted 08-09-2023 02:50 PM

Hello, has anyone taken this contract training through Compliance-edu?  If so, was it helpful? 

• 6.  RE: Contract Management Training

Posted 08-09-2023 03:10 PM

I have not taken that class specifically but I have taken a lot of their other classes - all were amazing and as was noted, Mick is always willing to talk TPRM.