Contract Management

View Only
  • 1.  Contract Checklist

Posted 02-01-2024 02:31 PM

Hello, does anyone have a contract checklist they would share?  I'm looking for a checklist to help with the review of new and upcoming renewal contracts to ensure certain items are included in the contracts.    Thank you. 

• 2.  RE: Contract Checklist

Posted 02-01-2024 03:42 PM

Hi Frances,

I have a contract checklist that is very dated.  I'd be interested in anyone's updated checklist if you're able to share! Thanks!

• 3.  RE: Contract Checklist

Posted 02-01-2024 04:09 PM

Hi Jody, if anyone does share their checklist I will most definitely share it with you.  Would you want to share yours so we have something to get us started?  

• 4.  RE: Contract Checklist

Posted 02-01-2024 04:10 PM

CONTRACT REQUIREMENTS

1. Incident Notification Requirement-timely breach notification for faster response to security incidents
    2. The right to audit the third party for compliance with key security and data privacy protections
    3. Exit or Early Termination Clause / Strategy
    4. Jurisdiction – State of Kansas
    5. Fourth Party Disclosure / Monitoring Policy
    6. Dispute Resolution - remediation of identified issues to mitigate the risk of control failures impacting the organization
    7. Confidentiality / Intellectual Property Protections
    8. Cyber Insurance & Security Addendums

This email may contain confidential information, intended only for the owner of the information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the information immediately. You may not disclose or otherwise use information in this message. Fidelity Bank appreciates your cooperation on this matter of privacy.

• 5.  RE: Contract Checklist

Posted 02-01-2024 04:16 PM
      |   view attached

Here's the document we have/ use.  We're trying to figure out how to make it more user friendly while still containing the explanations.  I, too, would be open to seeing what others do/ use. 

• 6.  RE: Contract Checklist

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 02-02-2024 02:57 PM
    This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous

Kelly, thank you so much for providing this document. We're optimizing our process and having these kinds of discussions with our stakeholders. I did have a question for you. Under your Nature and Scope section, it states (regarding Significant vendors) ensuring certain languages being incorporated into the contract.

Does this mean, that you or your stakeholders are looking for this verbiage in the vendor contract or do you have a separate document that your vendor partners are reviewing/signing? Is your team using this document as a checklist or is this responsibility at the vendor/stakeholder level Thank you!

• 7.  RE: Contract Checklist

Posted 02-05-2024 10:22 AM

At our bank, we don't have one person who is responsible for contracts.  We have a Vendor Owner, the person who chose the vendor and then works directly with them to negotiate terms. We have a group of Risk SMEs who were part of the vendor approval process and who then review the contract to ensure it protects us. We've actually not onboarded a significant vendor since incorporating this terminology into this "considerations" document, which is used more as a checklist/ guiding document. We don't always have good luck getting vendors to change their contract terms at our request. We try but aren't always successful.  

• 8.  RE: Contract Checklist

Posted 02-08-2024 11:07 AM

About 7-8 years ago I attended an ICN training session for IT SaaS contracts. They had checklists for contracts. You might want to have a look at what they provide if you haven't already. I have had zero connection with them since taking the course many years ago so I can't comment any further. At the time I found them useful. 

Cheers, 

Stuart