Information Security

View Only
  • 1.  CISO Forum with key vendors?

Posted 24 days ago

I'm looking for opinions and experience if anyone has held (or contemplated) information security focused forums with their key vendors? Essentially, it would be a sort of CISO roundtable with our key vendors to discuss emerging topics and information security roadmaps to ensure alignment and help foster an open dialog over any challenges or opportunities.

I have some reservations (would key vendors commit to sending a CISO or would it be watered down through delegation; would an open discussion take place among potentially competing organizations), but hoping someone has real world experience and not just theories.

Thank you in advance

• 2.  RE: CISO Forum with key vendors?

Posted 24 days ago

Kevin -

I would not want to invite multiple vendors to the same meeting. I would think there may be confidentiality issues (particularly if they are competitors).  I believe the business owner (relationship owner) should hold quarterly meetings with their vendors, and review SLAs and roadmap.

I also don't think you can expect all your vendors to do this. I think only vendors with whom you have a certain threshold of dollar business would want to engage with you this way.  Speaking as a vendor, they are likely not staffed to meet quarterly with each of their customers. 

------------------------------
    Kate Wakefield, CISSP / CIPT / CRISC
    Infoblox Director of GRC
    ------------------------------