Due Diligence and Ongoing Monitoring

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

External Questionnaire for Vendor

• 1.  External Questionnaire for Vendor

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 05-23-2022 01:18 PM

I wanted to create an external vendor questionnaire, I was wondering if there are any samples that are utilized to sent for Vendor assessment ? I am open to all industry since that will give me more exposure to build one up for us.

• 2.  RE: External Questionnaire for Vendor

Posted 05-24-2022 08:46 AM

What vendor management program are you using? 

Are you looking to build a questionnaire for new vendors you are vetting?  Existing vendors for annual due diligence? 

The library of this site has some questionnaires that might be helpful.  

• 3.  RE: External Questionnaire for Vendor

Posted 05-24-2022 09:19 AM
    I am looking to build a questionnaire for existing vendors for annual due diligence. 

I looked for questionnaire on venminder however I wasn't able to find one, may be I was not looking at right place. 

• 4.  RE: External Questionnaire for Vendor

Posted 05-25-2022 01:36 PM
    Sonali

I have questionnaires that were shared with me that are Venminder samples.  I can send to you via email or message.  

Thanks,
    Ashley

• 5.  RE: External Questionnaire for Vendor

Posted 05-25-2022 02:30 PM
    [Email removed for member's privacy. Click the member's profile in the community to see their direct email address.]

Thank you Ashley!!!!!

• 6.  RE: External Questionnaire for Vendor

Posted 06-26-2023 05:30 PM
    We are looking to create a questionnaire for existing vendors for annual due diligence. 
    I saw a post in think Tack that someone did have samples they were willing to share.   
    Was hoping I could get copies as well.    Thank you for the assistance!

Linda Preece

Chief Compliance Officer| Thrive Mortgage

SNAGHTML199f1ed3

• 7.  RE: External Questionnaire for Vendor

Posted 05-24-2022 08:48 AM
    Hi Let me know for which domain questions your looking for ?

• 8.  RE: External Questionnaire for Vendor

Posted 05-24-2022 02:39 PM

Hello!

I'm sorry you're having difficulty locating Venminder's questionnaire templates. Venminder does offer several templates for a variety of situations, for both new and ongoing vendor relationships. As a customer, you can visit our Support Center article, Creating Questionnaires, and view our full library of questionnaire templates. Our "InfoSec Questionnaire" is a great place to start and is fully customizable to add and remove questions required by your organization.

If you need additional assistance, our Customer Success Team is always here for you at (502) 565-2936 or support@venminder.com.

• 9.  RE: External Questionnaire for Vendor

Posted 05-24-2022 03:51 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Ashley,

I apologize but realized you had asked me for this for the group a while ago.  It is my standard listing of IT Security risk questions for vendors.  I use this anytime a new "solution" is going through a major upgrade or is new to our company and has access to data, has a network connection, is a service provider, or is critical to supply chain.

Jamie Sumter

IT Risk Management Lead

Clarios

Clarios

Florist Tower

5757 N Green Bay Ave

Milwaukee, WI 53209

Attachment(s)

• 10.  RE: External Questionnaire for Vendor

Posted 05-25-2022 09:37 AM
    Thank you Jamie for sharing your template that will give me a start. 

• 11.  RE: External Questionnaire for Vendor

Posted 06-27-2023 02:49 PM

Hello all,

How often do you send questioner to existing vendors for due diligence.  Do you send them out every time you are conducting due diligence?

Thanks.

• 12.  RE: External Questionnaire for Vendor

Posted 06-27-2023 03:32 PM

Hello,

While we have a guideline as to when we send out a vendor questionnaire, I think the better answer is, it depends. 

I would say, we have specific requirements such as the criticality of the vendor relationship, for when or if we send out a questionnaire, that can sometimes change depending on the outcome of the classification meeting. 

Basically, what I'm saying is, it is an evolving process. I apologize, I know that seems like a non-answer but it truly does vary sometimes.